<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 31, 2005

The New York Times > International > Middle East > Allawi Vows to Unite Iraq's Ethnic and Religious Groups

A generally fair appraisal of yesterday's Iraqi election although talking about Afrikaaner, I mean, Sunni greivances is a bit tired.

One thing I especially liked was this:

"They (voters) did so despite relentless insurgent attacks that left 35 people dead, plus 9 suicide bombers."

I had seen reports fo 44 dead, but the suicide bombers do not deserve to be included with those people who gave their lives for the chance to cast a ballot.

While I could nitpick the fact that the suicide bombers do not deserve even enumeration, I will take the satisfaction that even the NYT had the decency to disaggregate them from the truly noteworthy.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?