<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 14, 2005

The New York Times > Business > Media & Advertising > Can Papers End the Free Ride Online?

One of my considerations in cancelling the NYT was the fact that the content is free on-line. What had kept me from cancelling earlier was the fact the crossword was not free. However, after completing the Sunday one each week, I decided there was nothing else to gain by completing it each week, so I cancelled the paper.

I do admit that I found the coverage to be increasingly slanted to the Left. That is what spurred the initial reduction in my subscription from daily to weekend-only.

Additionally, the paper costs more to be delivered than buying it on the newsstand.

If the NYT went to an on-line subscription basis, I'd likely stop reading it unless the fee was so low that it wouldn't matter ($5 a month.)

(The crosswords are $4.95 a month or $34.95 per year and I won't do that.)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?